GDPR and recruitment information sheet
We have included a new section on the SFA website which covers GDPR and recruitment. This information sheet details what businesses should factor in when they are processing personal and sensitive data on behalf of job applications.
The areas covered include:
- What is personal and sensitive data and how it relates to potential employee data
- The legal basis for processing potential employee data
- The three most common types of legal basis when processing job applications
- Data protection notices and what should be included in the job advertisement so that individuals are aware of how their personal data is processed when they apply to your business
- Automated profiling and how it relates to e-recruitment
- Data retention periods for successful, unsuccessful and on-spec job applications
- Conducting background checks, what you should factor in
- The use of third parties/recruitment agencies and the requirement for legally binding data processing contracts
- What you need to know if you receive a data access request from a job candidate
You can read this in full here.
If you would like more information on GDPR or to discuss your requirements further, please contact Helen at SFA on 01 6051668 or at email@example.com, or visit our GDPR section on www.sfa.ie/advice