Cut your energy bills by up to 20% with mentoring from SEAI
There are over 80 different government supports available to small businesses but many of them are not well known or understood. Each week in the SFA e-zine, we will profile a different support that could improve your business, giving you information and advice.
SEAI Energy Advice, Mentoring and Assessment
Did you know, according to SEAI, for a company with a profit margin of 5% over three years, a €500 a year saving in energy efficiency makes the same profit as €30,000 of extra sales?
Free training and mentoring supports over a three-month period to help small companies reduce their energy bills.
The Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) can help your company to reduce your energy usage by up to 20%, cutting costs and minimising your environmental impact.
Competitiveness is the key to success in small businesses. Energy is a significant cost for many businesses and reductions can boost the bottom line. SEAI’s advice, mentoring and assessment helps and motivates small businesses to assess their own energy usage, identify opportunities for savings and take actions to realise these savings.
Hundreds of organisations already making their operations more efficient and cost effective and reduce energy usage, cut costs and protect the environment. To help you maximise energy savings we have developed a range of small business training workshops (Energy MAP) for SMEs.
The training and mentoring is run by the SEAI. To register, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more general information, visit the SEAI website.
If you are interested in applying, don’t forget:
- Businesses in all sectors can avail of this training
- The services are free but businesses agree to provide information, take the time to engage with the SEAI experts
- You will be asked for your total annual energy spend (actual or estimated). Providing actual figures will improve the accuracy of the assessment and you can add information on the breakdown across different subheadings if available (electricity, natural gas, LPG, fuel oil, kerosene/gasoil, solid fuels, renewables, fleet).
- SEAI can also provide information about accelerated capital allowances, which provide tax relief on the purchase of energy efficient equipment
- SEAI have recently produced an interactive energy management guide for SMEs, downloadable from their web site here.