SFA Webinar: Irish manufacturing sector
The Irish manufacturing sector continues to expand in 2018 with 59 consecutive months of growth.
However, Bank of Ireland research shows significant nationwide skills gaps for Irish manufacturing SMEs. Tune in on Tuesday, 20 November at 10:30am for a 30 minute webinar which will delve into this research:
- More SMEs are hiring than those reducing headcount so Irish companies are struggling to find staff however acquisition of new staff is the largest future HR challenge among manufacturing SMEs
- Hiring a skilled workforce a key challenge for 4 out of 10 Irish manufacturing SMEs
- Skills gaps are most apparent in marketing, production and sales however as the company grows in size the technical roles (R&D, quality, engineering & maintenance) become the more significant skill gaps
- Outside of Dublin, retention of production staff is a real challenge for more than one in three
- 41% do not regard investing in training as valuable.
Register online now for this webinar.