We have been hosting a large number of webinars in the past few weeks. If you missed any of them, you can play them back and download the material on our website. Here’s just a few of the past webinars you can watch:
12 May: Financial and strategic planning to help with reopening and rebooting your business - This webinar looks at ways to implement rigorous cash controls and how to have open, regular and transparent communication with key stakeholders, and looks at the requirement for a number of businesses to restructure their balance sheets.
1 May: How to carry out a risk assessment - Jason Kearns, Managing Director of Guardian Safety, talks about the practical application of completing a Risk Assessment and how it can be used to plan for an eventual return to work post COVID-19.
30 April: Planning for an eventual return to work Health and Safety Update - Dr. Michael Gillen, BioPharmaChem Ireland, Senior Executive on how to plan for an eventual return to work focusing on risk assessments and business continuity planning.
28 April: Managing a small business in difficult times – a conversation with Jamie Heaslip - Rugby legend and serial entrepreneur Jamie Heaslip talks about his experience as a small business owner and how he has managed to guide his businesses through the current crisis.
All of the above webinars and more are available to view here
Please note - all webinars are free to SFA Members but you must pre-register through the links provided. We recommend using Google Chrome to view the webinars. Registration closes 1 hour before the start time, and you will receive details to dial in the day before.
Teams Call: Navigating Landlord - Tenant Issues
- Tue, May 26, 2020 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM BST
In this 30 minute Teams call you will hear about the different options available to you, how to negotiate with your landlord and some of the dos and dont's when it comes to commercial leases. This call will be delivered by the Real Estate Team of Duff & Phelps.
This call is for members only. It is free but you must pre-register.
Webinar: Business survival & strategies to restructure & refund your business
- Wed, May 27, 2020 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM BST
The key to survival, for any business, is to act early – plan early, seek professional advice early and communicate with creditors and stakeholders early. During the course of this Webinar Jennifer Fay and Clodagh McNamara, Partners in the Restructuring and Insolvency Department at Clark Hill, together with Senior Counsel Edward Farrelly SC, will explore some of the options available to assist company directors and partnerships position their businesses for a successful emergence from the Covid-19 challenge.
Topics we will cover during this Webinar will include:
- Schemes of Arrangement – this is a less costly but equally effective mechanism to restructure debts and other obligations. Our speakers will give a brief outline of the process and explore the benefits and limitations of this option;
- Informal Restructuring and negotiated Settlements with creditors – Our speakers will discuss how an informal, non Court based approach can be particularly effective where there are a small number of key creditors e.g. a Landlord or the Revenue Commissioners..
- A Mediated Settlement – a novel alternative? Senior Counsel Edward Farrelly SC will explore how Mediation could be utilised to provide for a fast, structured, binding restructuring of debts and other obligations without the costs and other limitations associated with Examinerships and Schemes of Arrangement;
- Examinerships – Our speakers will give a brief overview of the Examinership process – the criteria, the benefits and the risks involved. They will also discuss some of the successful Examinerships in which they were personally involved – whether acting for the Examiner or the Company itself.
This Member-only webinar is free, but you must pre-register.
Webinar: Purchasing best practice for small businesses
- Thu, May 28, 2020 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM BST
Join this Purchasing webinar for small businesses to learn how to reduce costs and risks across your supply-base, to best manage your business through this crisis. With Covid-19 and Brexit, there has never been a more important time for Irish businesses to improve efficiencies across your supply base.
- A greater understanding of the meaning and dynamics of purchasing within an SME
- Acquire a range of cost saving and risk reduction strategies to implement in your business today
- Learn how to use practical tools and templates to achieve cost savings and risk reduction strategies to future proof your business
Presenter Mike McGrath is a results focused professional with 12 years expertise in sourcing, procurement and project management in local, national and multinational organisations. Currently, Mike is the Managing Director of Arvo, a Procurement Consultancy and the co-founder of the Procurement Transformation Institute (a Procurement Competency Centre).
The webinar is free, but you must pre-register.
Projects & Marketing Executive, SFA
84/86 Lower Baggot Street
T: +353 1 605 1664