There are over 80 different government supports available to small businesses but many of them are not well known or understood. Each week in the SFA e-zine, we will profile a different support that could improve your business, giving you information and advice.
European Job Mobility Portal (EURES)
Support to Irish businesses looking to recruit jobseekers from other EU/EEA countries.
EURES can assist by:
- Advertising vacancies for the attention of jobseekers in Europe
- Providing tailored European recruitment projects for individual employers
The EURES service gives employers access to a database of European jobseekers looking to work in Ireland. There are currently almost 400,000 CVs on the EURES database.
Employers may have difficulty recruiting staff in Ireland or may wish to broaden their recruitment process to reach jobseekers across Europe.
The Department of Social Protection is part of EURES, which is a European Commission network that links the databases of European Public Employment Services.
Employers looking to advertise a vacancy should first call the Employment Service National Contact Centre at 1890 800 024. You should then create an account directly on the EURES site, www.eures.europa.eu
For a larger scale recruitment project, you should first contact a EURES advisor from the advisor database. EURES advisers are Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection staff who are specially trained in European mobility matters. They can explain the EURES service to employers and, if required, organise a recruitment project in Europe. For example, if employers are having difficulties in filling large numbers of vacancies, a special European recruitment event can be organised using Public Employment Service partner organisations in other EU and EEA Member States.
If you are interested in availing of this service, don’t forget:
- When planning your recruitment, think clearly about your deadlines. It may take longer to recruit someone from abroad.
- Think about the level of language competency required by your candidates.
- Consider preparing a presentation for candidates that promotes the company and outlines the relocation support available.
- More information is available on the Department of Social Protection website and on the EURES website.