Red Tape Survey 2015
The launch of LK Shields Red Tape Survey 2015 took place in the Merrion Hotel on Thursday, 12 November.
The new research, carried out among 300 Irish businesses of all sizes, assesses the burden that red tape places on Irish businesses across all sectors and seeks to gain a greater understanding of how compliance and regulation affects the Irish business market.
The LK Shields 2015 Red Tape Report reveals that:
To access a copy of the survey report, please click here.
- 1 in 3 Irish businesses say the administrative burden of red tape is an obstacle to recruitment, growth and innovation
- 56% say compliance costs increasing faster than business growth in the past 12 months
- 6% of annual turnover being spent on meeting compliance obligations
- 85% think the cost burden needs to be reduced
- 3 in 5 businesses agree that an independent body should be established to review the impact red tape has on Ireland’s competitiveness
- 79% of businesses believe that policy makers should examine the legislative and administrative process to change the regulatory burden in Ireland.