In 2018, the SFA identified that recruitment was having a significant impact on its members. In response to this we developed the Grow, Scale, Succeed campaign. It has three elements to it:
- Recruitment – a series of guidelines, podcasts and videos to help small businesses in their recruitment strategies to find the right people
- Employee engagement – a mixture of videos, podcasts and guidelines on employee engagement and in the coming days we will be adding more content on wellness strategies from our partner DeCare Dental
- Smart Working – SFA partnered with Vodafone to bring you a series of guidelines and videos that you could bring into your business. Smart working is the combination of technology with agility and flexibility so your employees can work remotely. This could be at home, in a co-working space or a hybrid model of part office and part remote working.
We conducted a survey last October and based on the input we received, we produced content to help address the concerns you have around recruitment, employee engagement and smart working.
We received incredible support and amazing contributions from the team members of the taskforce and our partners Vodafone which you can access on the online platform.
Here is a taster of what the new online platform offers your business:
- Case study videos from small businesses just like you sharing their recruitment tips, how they keep their staff engaged and how Smart Working benefited their business
- A guideline on where to source new candidates – this comprehensive guide covers a variety of sectors
- A guideline on the different types of workers – it details a variety of working arrangements as well as the different self employment options
- Podcasts on creating your job spec, ways to engage your employee, how to co-create a culture, managing difficult conversations and bullying in the workplace
- Our latest SFA training brochure details the tailor made courses for your business
- Videos and guidelines from Vodafone on improving your connectivity and cyber security to enable remote working
- A directory of co-working spaces
- A checklist for working remotely – this takes you through a series of questions to consider for your employment law and health and safety obligations
- A sample flexible working policy which includes remote working
We will continue to add new content to the online platform over the coming weeks and months. Our aim is to make it the go to website for all your recruitment and employee engagement needs as well as future proofing our members for the changing world of work.
We are also excited to announce that through our partnership with Vodafone, we are rolling out a series of Smart Business Workshops around the country. These will be set in a co-working space so you can see remote working in action and will focus on Smart Working and employee engagement.
The roadshow will take place on the following dates and times:
Drogheda 24 January 07:30am – 09:00am
Gorey 15 February 07:30am – 09:00am
Galway 28 February 07:30am – 09:00am
Cork 21 March 07:30am – 09:00am
Limerick 3 April 07:30am – 09:00am
The events are free but places are filling up fast so book your place .
In the meantime if you have any specific concerns or questions please contact Helen on 01 605 1668 or at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the advice section on our website.