Results of the SFA Summer Business Sentiment Survey
Earlier this month, the Small Firms Association released its Small Business Sentiment Survey report. The survey was conducted in August 2020 amongst members of the Small Firms Association.
The most significant trends are as follows:
- One third (33%) of small business owners stated that the business environment is declining compared to 17% in Winter 2019.
- Risk factors identified were ongoing covid-19 restrictions, debt and business cost increases.
- Domestic economic growth continues to be the primary driver of business opportunities.
- Half of respondents said their businesses are growing.
- Over two-thirds plan to invest in the next 12 months.
- Most survey respondents intend to keep wages at their current levels or to award pay rises where the business performance allows.
Thank you as always to those members who completed the survey.
We encourage you to access both the press statement and a pdf copy of the Small Business Sentiment Survey.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any aspect in greater detail or to request