Springboard are looking for companies to host DCU/Oscail MSc Springboard students for a 4 week unpaid placement opportunity. All participants on these programmes are mature, self-directed, motivated and many have extensive work experience in commercial environments. They will be able to successfully fit into an existing team or undertake/ manage a specific project for the host company. These students are based throughout Ireland and are distant learners with DCU Oscail. The profile of these students is:
- MSc in the Management of Operations (MOPS)
Graduates of this programme have highly developed skills for operations management and business development in high technology services or manufacturing environments. Core skills include Operations Management, Change Management, Project Management, Services Management, Business Analyst and Team Leadership Skills.
- MSc in the Management of Internet Enterprise Systems (MIES)
Graduates of this programme have highly developed skills in areas such as cloud computing and social networking and can manage and apply key Web 2.0 technologies in societal and commercial environments. Core Skills include IT Contracts Management, IT Service Management, IT Programme Management and Project Management, Database Administrator roles.
In summary this placement programme offers companies:
- Opportunity to avail of a skilled MSc. Student for 4 week unpaid placement
- A DCU Liaison officer will work with the student and the host company to ensure a positive experience for both the employer and the student.
- Host companies can pre-screen potential participants to ensure that the participant recruited will meet the employer’s needs.
For further information on obtaining one of these students, please contact Helen Conway on Tel: 01 7006059 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.