€2,500 available to help your business to trade online
There are over 80 different government supports available to small businesses but many of them are not well known or understood. Each week in the SFA e-zine, we will profile a different support that could improve your business, giving you information and advice.
Trading Online Voucher Scheme
A cash contribution of up to €2,500 to help get your business trading online, plus training, mentoring and networking.
The vouchers can be used for:
- IT consultation
- Development or upgrade of an e-commerce website
- Implementing an online payments or bookings system
- Development or implementation of a digital marketing strategy
- Development of an app
- Purchase of internet-related software
- Training/skills development
Irish people spend €850,000 per hour online and the size of the digital economy is growing by 20% per year, so there are huge business opportunities online.
Feedback from companies who have used the vouchers:
- 80% jump in sales leads
- 20% increase in sales
- 3 in 5 exported for the first time
The scheme is run by the Local Enterprise Offices (LEOs), which work with companies to prepare their applications. The first step is to attend an information session run by a LEO. For more information and to find your nearest LEO, visit the LEO website.
If you are interested in applying, don’t forget:
- The vouchers are specifically for micro-firms with less than 10 employees and a turnover of less than €2 million
- Applicants must be trading for at least 12 months and have limited online trading presence
- Selection will be based on eligibility, value added potential, export potential, job creation potential and financial sustainability
- The voucher cannot be used to cover the entire cost of the project – it will only match other finance to a limit of €2,500
- Approval must be received before any expenditure is made and companies receive the funding on completion of the project (which must be within three months of the start date)