Foundations in Management and other upcoming training courses
At SFA, we’re here to help you create time for things that can make a real difference to your business, like developing management capacity and other skills for you and your staff.
There are a number of courses coming up as part of our ‘Training that counts’ suite of training programmes that may be of interest to you. They are delivered by expert trainers with many years of industry experience.
Foundations in Management
This programme aims to give managers, or those moving into management roles, the fundamental skills of effective management. Participants will learn how to improve their leadership and communication skills, how to deal with difficult staff while increasing motivation levels among those in the team.
The programme will give the participants the ability to deal with a grievance or disciplinary issue in an effective way.
On completion of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Understand different leadership styles
- Communicate effectively with teams and colleagues
- Develop and improve key skills to supervise and motivate a team
- Learn the essentials of dealing with grievance and disciplinary interviews
- Distinguish between aggressive, assertive and passive behaviours and demonstrate ability to deal with it
- Give effective feedback to the team and deal confidently with challenging situations
Date: 12-13 April (two-day course)
Time: 8:30am-3:30pm each day
Venue: SFA/Ibec offices, 84-86 Lower Baggot Street, Dublin 2
Cost: €400 (SFA member rate)
Other upcoming courses
- Finance and Accounting Made Easy (one-day course, 20 April)
- Performance Management and Appraisal Skills (one-day course, 27 April)
One-day courses are charged at €220 and two-day courses €400 for SFA members. Courses can be booked at http://www.sfa.ie/events
If you would like any more information please contact Quelba Lima in the Ibec Training Unit on email@example.com or 01 605 1619.