This course is designed for workers who need to be trained to safely move and handle inanimate objects under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work 2005 and Manual Handling Regulations 1993 and 2007.
To provide learners with the knowledge, skills and attitude required for safe manual handling of inanimate objects.
- Manual Handling Legislation
- Anatomy of the spine
- Common back injuries
- Biomechanics of manual handling
- Manual handling risk assessment
- Safe Lifting Techniques and practice
- Dealing with unfamiliar loads
- Importance of PPE and appropriate clothing
- Manual handling assessment Backcare in everyday life
For all queries on the event, please call the event organiser:
Marie Keogh, Tel: 01-6051645