Manual Handling and other upcoming training courses
At SFA, we’re here to help you create time for things that can make a real difference to your business, like developing management capacity and other skills for you and your staff.
There are a number of courses coming up as part of our ‘Training that counts’ suite of training programmes that may be of interest to you. They are delivered by expert trainers with many years of industry experience.
Manual Handling in Small Firms
This course is designed for workers who need to be trained to safely move and handle inanimate objects under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work 2005 and Manual Handling Regulations 1993 and 2007.
- Manual handling legislation
- Anatomy of the spine
- Common back injuries
- Biomechanics of manual handling
- Manual handling risk assessment
- Safe lifting techniques and practice
- Dealing with unfamiliar loads
- Importance of PPE and appropriate clothing
- Manual handling assessment
- Backcare in everyday life
Date: 6 April 2018
Venue: SFA/Ibec offices, 84-86 Lower Baggot Street, Dublin 2
Cost: €150 (SFA member rate)
Other upcoming courses
- Employment Law: Discipline and Dismissal (one-day course, 16 March)
- Safety Awareness for Managers (one-day course, 27 March)
- Foundations in Management (two-day course, 12-13 April)
All courses are charged at €220 (one day) or €400 (two days) for SFA members and can be booked at http://www.sfa.ie/events
If you would like any more information, please contact Quelba Lima in the Ibec Training Unit on email@example.com or 01 605 1619.